If you’ve been considering setting up an online business you’ve most likely been motivated by sheer volume of buying and selling that is now taking place on the internet.
More and more people are buying products and services online. And if you set up your own online business you can claim your cut of this expanding marketplace. Here are the 5 steps to follow to set up an online business.
1. Pick Your Market
If you’re going to set up an online business your first task is to determine what type of business it’s going to be. Are you going to sell products or services? You can sell your own products or you can sell products produced by other businesses who will pay you commissions on your sales. Or you may choose to set up a membership website or offer teaching and coaching services online.
2. Build Your Website
Getting a website online isn’t as complicated as you may think. Initially you’ll need to purchase a name for your website (known as a domain name). Next you need to ‘rent’ some space on the internet (known as website hosting). Lastly you’ll need a software package that will make it possible for you to put written text, images, videos etc onto your website. There are many website building programs available that make this whole procedure very easy.
3. Get Visitors To Your Website
When you website is online you have to get potential customers to visit it. There are two main ways to do this. You can use free website traffic techniques or paid website traffic techniques. Both have their pros and cons and the most effective traffic tactic to use a mixture of both.
4. Develop A Customer List
It’s doubtful that your website visitors will want to buy anything from you on their first visit to your website. They may visit your website and never return. But obtain a visitor’s email address with a special email capture form, you can remain contact with them via email. Your emails can keep them informed about your business and encourage them to return to your website.
If you offer something of value for free in return for someone’s email address they are more likely to give you their email address. This can be something as straightforward as a free report or eBook that is relevant to your industry.
5. Provide Value
The content material on your website and in your emails, articles or blog posts has to be more than continuously trying to sell. When you provide high quality, useful information to your target audience will come to know, like and trust you. Your prospective customers will then be more willing to buy from you and continue to be as loyal customers for many years.
In this powerful article I am going to share with you amazing success principles that will allow you to create massive success in your business. If you decide to take action you will be well on your way to accomplish your goals.
Learn The Proper Skills
If you are serious about generating success in your business, then you must identify the areas in which you are weak. For example, it would be pointless to learn advanced internet marketing concepts if you don’t even know how to use a computer.
In this scenario, it is obvious that your first logical step would be to take a computer class so that you can get up to speed on how computers work. It would be pointless to talk about creating a sales letter if you don’t even understand effective copy writing.
You would first need to take some kind of course which educates you on this subject. Success in business is a step by step process, and you need to have the discipline and patience to go through this process.
The Power Of Your Mind
How strong is your mindset? The reason I ask is that, if you are serious about reaching your goals, you need to develop a strong mindset. We live in a world filled with negative people who love to complain, so now more than ever you need to strengthen your mind.
The most powerful way which I found to achieve this is to read positive books. By becoming an avid reader you will drown out the negative noise that seeks to corrupt your mind. Like one of my mentors used to tell me, “you must seal your mind from negativity.”
Be An Early Bird And Put In The Work
You cannot afford to get complacent if you intend to build a solid business. It’s amazing that people are willing to get up early to go to a low paying job and work hard day after day for someone else, but are not willing to do the same when they are working for themselves.
Like the same mentor I mentioned above used to also tell me, “until you generate the income you desire, you need to get up early and work hard all day long.” It is this kind of attitude that will take you to the top.
Develop A Laser Focus
We are living in a technological world, one where distractions are very common. Now, more than ever, it is vital that you discipline yourself to develop intense focus. Only by remaining focused on your goals will you be able to reach them.
It is this intense focus which will allow you to keep going even when faced with tough challenges. The challenges will certainly arrive, but with laser focus you will be able to overcome them.
You can achieve anything you desire if you follow the tips I have given you here. You don’t reach success because of some magical or mystical formula. You reach it by applying known and proven concepts.
We’ve all heard of it. But we all think that we’re invincible to it. Identity Theft!
What is it? It refers to the preparatory stage of acquiring and collecting someone else’s personal information for criminal purposes.
Identity theft techniques can range from unsophisticated, such as dumpster diving and mail theft, to more elaborate schemes.
If your identity is stolen, do you have a plan in place to mitigate the damages? If not, you should at least bookmark this, just in case you need it in the future.
Identity thieves are looking for the following information:
• full name
• date of birth
• Social Insurance Numbers
• full address
• mother’s maiden name
• username and password for online services
• driver’s license number
• personal identification numbers (PIN)
• credit card information (numbers, expiry dates and the last three digits printed on the signature panel)
• bank account numbers
• passport number
There are things that you can do to protect yourself from identity theft, and there are steps that you can take to minimize the damage and help bring the thief to justice.
Here are 5 things that you can do right now to protect yourself:
1. Do not sign the back of your credit cards. Instead, put ‘PHOTO ID REQUIRED.’
2. When you are writing checks to pay on your credit card accounts, DO NOT put the complete account number on the ‘For’ line. Instead, just put the last four numbers. The credit card company knows the rest of the number, and anyone who might be handling your cheque as it passes through all the cheque processing channels won’t have access to it.
3. Put your work phone # on your checks instead of your home phone. If you have a PO Box, use that instead of your home address. If you do not have a PO Box, use your work address. Never have your SIN printed on your checks. (DUH!) You can add it if it is necessary. But if you have It printed, anyone can get it.
4. Place the contents of your wallet on a photocopy machine. Do both sides of each license, credit card, etc. You will know what you had in your wallet and all of the account numbers and phone numbers to call and cancel. Keep the photocopy in a safe place.
5. When you travel abroad, carry a photocopy of your passport. We’ve all heard horror stories about fraud that’s committed on us in stealing a Name, address, Social Insurance number, credit cards, etc…
If your identity does get stolen, what kind of things can you expect to have happen?
Here are just some of what they can do:
1. Access your bank accounts
2. Open new bank accounts
3. Transfer bank balances
4. Apply for loans, credit cards
5. Make purchases
6. Buy cell phone packages
7. Credit line approved by retail stores
8. Access your driving record, and change your information online
If you are a victim, here’s some critical information to act on immediately:
1. Cancel your credit cards immediately. But the key is having the toll free numbers and your card numbers handy so you know whom to call. Keep those where you can find them. This is why we photocopy them (see above). Call your local bank/financial institution as well.
2. File a police report immediately in the jurisdiction where your credit cards, etc., were stolen. This proves to credit providers you were diligent, and this is a first step toward an investigation (if there ever is one).
But here’s what is perhaps most important of all:
3. Call the nationwide credit reporting companies immediately. Ask them to put a fraud alert on your name and credit report. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen, and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.
Here are the numbers for two national credit bureaus:
1.) Equifax: 1-800-465-7166
2.) TransUnion Canada: 1-877-525-3823
3. Order free copies of your credit report from each of the nationwide credit reporting companies.
Have you even been a victim of identify theft? Tell us your story and maybe others can learn from what you did, or didn’t do.